Monday, March 18, 2013

MTC - First week


Hello guys!
 
So, first, we just heard yesterday that the email policy has changed: we are now allowed to email friends, family, converts, etc. SO!  If anyone wants my emails, just tell them to send me an email and I can add them to the mailing list on my end.
 
Now, for the answers to your "dumb" questions:
 
I got very lucky with my residence, all of the elders in our room have their own bed, and two of the elders in our district have their room to themselves.  As for how I'm sleeping, I am sleeping quite well, but I think I'm doing better than some of the other elders in my room, but that was during the first few days. Especially since I'm such a heavy sleeper. ;-) One thing, though. The gym shorts I packed were actually too short.  I picked some up at the bookstore, though, so you don't need to send any.
 
I'm enjoying the food a lot because for the most part they prepare very good food and you can get as much as you want.  And, of course, it's already prepared.
 
My companion is awesome!  His name is Elder Mathews, and he's from a small town near St. George.  He's just a little bit taller than me.  We actually were chosen to be the zone leaders from our district.
 
It's not quite what I thought it was going to be, but at the same time it's better.  I'm learning way more than I thought I would, and there's so many great missionaries in our district.
 
We have 12 missionaries in our district; 6 elders and 6 sisters.  Almost all of the elders are going to California San Fernando, but two of them are going to the California Arcadia Mission.  All of the sisters are going to Canada Halifax, and all but one of the sisters are from Canada.  Sister Lee is the only one from the States; she's from Las Vegas.  We are all loving our classes and teaching experiences.  I'm especially loving the other elders in my room. They're all great and really fun to be around.
 
Mom, that winshield is way more angled than all the other cars, it really bothered me too when I started that car.  What do you mean by it has more gas?  And don't let Connor drive it, he'll just make a mess of it. :-)
 
It's cold in the mornings, but we spend most of the morning inside.  By the afternoon, it warms up.  As for the scripture for my plaque, I found one that I really liked, but I don't have it with me.  I'll try to get it to you soon.
 
We got onto our missionary logon page and looked at the mission map; the mission is actually being split as of July 1, 2013.  It'll be just the San Fernando area, cutting off a few miles north of Santa Clarita.
 
Even though I can email everyone, it's still nice to get actual mail.  The DearElder.com site is great for that.  You should just be able to look up my name and they can get it to me, but just in case, my box number is 238.
 
We will be leaving the MTC next Monday at 8:00 AM.  I don't think I'll be able to email you, but I'll try to call from the airport.
 
I'm out of time, but I love you all and I will talk to you later!
 
Elder Mikah Chapman
 

No comments: